Monday, December 5, 2011

Block A

After last week's rebellion it felt good to jump into regimented quilting again. I spent a bit of time slicing up last week's strip sets and made eight of these "Block A's."

Husband is thrilled with the colours. This is the first time I've seen him so excited over a homemade Christmas gift....score one point for the Wife. We've only been married for three years - I was bound to get it right sooner or later. I have 24 more Block A to put together.

Block B is waiting to be created out of these strip sets. Did you know that in Ireland, they call this pattern a Double American Chain? I guess nobody really knows where it came from.

I'm heading back to the trenches to finish the cutting. I need a total of 32 A's and 31 B's for a quilt about 70x90. It'll be the perfect size to wrap around my Very Tall Husband while he's on the road for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your encouragement means so much! Thank you for commenting.