Sunday, November 18, 2012

Silliness

Busy. Ain't that the life when you have short people in your home?

I finished the Christmas present for my little brother, and some mittens for one of my nephews. My list is still very long (and requires more yarn).

Yesterday my girls and I were invited to a tea party. I made this cute retro apron as a gift for the hostess. She loved it. It whipped up in about an hour and a half (including interruptions by kids). I [cheat] maximize my time by using a rolled hem foot and a ruffler.

When I made a trip to the Sally Ann for crafting materials, I happened to find a dress that fits my Punk perfectly. It's her new favorite: She already wore it two days in a row.

She is especially enchanted with the sequin trim.

I went through my stash with an eye towards Christmas gifts. This pile will be aprons for both of my girls and a "button elephant" for my Pixie. They will each get one handmade stuffy for Christmas - the Punk's is going to be a weighted snake, perfect for a kid with sensory issues. I haven't picked out the fabric for the snake yet; likely flannelette, weighted with dried beans or lentils.

Just because it's the weekend, here is some eye candy for the Grandparents. The girls were in a silly mood and posed for pictures (in pajamas) yesterday. Here are a few of my favorites.





Random confession: I eat turnips while my husband isn't home.

Have a relaxing weekend!

2 comments:

  1. lovely projects.. and pictures xx you have have my turnips if you want !! ...hate them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luscious eye-candy...slurrrp! Hugs to all, D.

    ReplyDelete

Your encouragement means so much! Thank you for commenting.