Sunday, August 26, 2012

P is for...

Punk!

After nearly two weeks of working like a dog to downsize and clean this little house (got rid of many full garbage bags and probably a dozen or more boxes), I am exhausted! My mom moved out and at the same time we converted our home to a fully raw-food haven. I've been very focused on making raw food meals that my kids will eat.

Turns out, if they're hungry enough they will eat anything. Here it's lettuce wraps:


So what does house cleaning have to do with my Punk?

My mom moved out; she had been sharing a room with the Punk. I spent a full afternoon sorting, washing, rearranging the bedroom. The Punk now has a bedroom that echos. She has three pieces of furniture (bed, dresser, and now, Nanny's old desk). She also has very bare walls. Echo....echo....echo....

It's embarrassing because I *make* quilted art and she has none on her walls.

So I hung up her baby quilt and told her to hold on.....I started by improv piecing some letters. We'll see where it goes from there.

I also took this little pile of scraps - they've been cut for two months -

And sewed together a single Jacob's Ladder block.

I even made sure the corners and points all matched perfectly....because I can do that, even though it's not my favorite way of making quilt tops.

Perhaps a bit of regimented patchwork will be good for my mojo. I'd like to set a goal for my scrappy Jacob's Ladder to be finished by Christmas 2014.

Now back to my Punk's walls....

....and my Green Monstrosity.

To the cutting table!



2 comments:

  1. you can do this! Think of the deprevation of bare walls xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased with myself. I just realized I could click on your "improv" label and see more of your spontaneous approach to piecing. Very inspiring!! (I'm also impressed you get your girls to eat such good-for-them food!)

    ReplyDelete

Your encouragement means so much! Thank you for commenting.