Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Way of The Creative Heart

It was a dreary, rainy morning. Some artificial sunshine was needed.

I had this wild and crazy idea to make a mug rug for a new friend of mine, and so the day started off like this:

But since I was on a roll, I couldn't stop at mug rug size. I ended up with a mini-quilt.

I had some magical help....my own personal Fairy. I love seeing those drooping wings concentrating on design - and those still-chubby toes standing on a chair at my studio.


This is her first me-designed quilt block ever. I think I might add it into the mix of Rambo Bright blocks, and leave a note for the recipients (her aunt and uncle) about who made it.

She couldn't make the block any bigger because she got distracted by her ability to fit into a backpack.

I will have to have another go at making a mug rug, but my inspiration has changed. I have the plan to go where I've never gone before....my own personally designed paper piecing. Wish me luck, cause I will certainly need it!

After all of this practice, I might feel confident enough to make a cover for my design book. So many ideas, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your encouragement means so much! Thank you for commenting.