Who knew that someone as technologically inept as myself could erase an entire post just seconds prior to posting and never know how she did it? It was a tiny slip of the fingers on my keyboard...and another 1/2 hour of added frustration while trying to pull the post back out of my brain.
This past week I've lost momentum on my rapid Christmas quilting spree. I'm rebelling against measured lines and matched seams. I spent hours online searching for the right project to amp up my mojo again.
I found these cute origami dresses and folded a few for when we finally set up the tree. I also threaded a needle and strung these petals that I made two months ago. They turned into quite the pretty chrysanthemum. Now the question becomes: Do I hand sew pearls into the center, as I did for the kanzashi flowers on the Pixie's summer dress, or just hot glue a bunch of beads on and call it done?
- did dishes twice
- swept and washed kitchen floor and entry hall
- caught up on all the laundry
- baked three loaves of bread
- cleared and vacuumed the living room
This list still contains:
- wash children's bathroom
- shovel walk and driveway
The biggest, most dreaded job of the day was Cleaning The Kids' Room. (It was so bad, I had to capitalize it.)
Here are a couple of before shots: not showing is the stuff I threw away already because the f&%@ing cat keeps peeing on toys.
But I did it all in an hour!
Here's my system, in case anyone else dreads cleaning the kids' room.
1. Make beds.
2. Grab a broom and sweep everything into one big pile near the toybox. Then wash whatever floor you've just exposed. (I also swept and washed under and behind beds and dressers and select portions of wall.)
3. Sit down and work your way quickly through the pile, sorting into proper places. Today my piles were: garbage bag, book stacks, basket of small animals, shopping cart full of play food, and everything else went straight back into the toybox. I also kept out some Little People to populate the doll house.
4. Finish sweeping the leftovers into the garbage and wash the floor.
5. Put all furniture back into place.
And this the the result: They are unbelievably happy! The Pixie started cooking as soon as I let them back into the room.
I should consider naming my sewing machine. I should consider naming all of my sewing machines.