Monday, November 21, 2011

(Almost) Still Life: Pixie on a Flimsy

I sewed and pressed the last two seams this morning, and this is the result:





I really don't like it. I could find any number of things that I could've done differently. I won't list them.

The point is: the Pixie loves it. And she doesn't yet know that it is for her Christmas present. She started crawling around on it the moment I spread it out for pictures.




"Look Mama! My blue jammies! My favorite; Bumbly-mees! I love pink! 'Mingos, Mama, look!"

(Is it just me or does "toddler-ese" have a lot of exclamation points?)


Knowing that she loves it so much makes up for me not liking it. And that's what you have to do for every gift you give this holiday season.


This was the final test: hide-ability.

Yup. It's plenty cozy.


It'll be quilted asap and bound in pink. Gimme till Wednesday or so. After that? Boy quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your encouragement means so much! Thank you for commenting.