Sunday, November 27, 2011

Not There Yet

I was cruising along at top speed yesterday, quilting the Pixie's circle quilt, when the worst possible thing happened: I ran out of thread. I only have 3 1/2 more circles to quilt, but no more pink variegated 40wt King Tut thread. Tut, tut.

My LQS opens again tomorrow, and you can guess that I'll be among the first customers of the day.

Of course, I don't really need another entire 500 yards of thread (just one more bobbin will do!) but with the Pixie around, anything pink is an investment purchase.

So instead I chopped up some binding....

And then I got to work on a Boy quilt. See these colours? They are our house colours. Any guesses?

And since it's a lazy Sunday, I thought I'd add in some grandparent eye candy.

Here is my silly Punk...

She poses for the camera a lot.....she loves having pictures taken.

But she still doesn't tell me what the joke is:

And this Pixie seems to be going through a stage where she'd rather be a kitty. She meows a lot and begs for "kitty treats" (goldfish graham crackers). Here she is under my cutting table.



And this is usually the cats' favorite place to hide, but they never seem to be around when there are little girls nearby. They fear short people.

Lastly: This picture caught my eye because this is proof positive that the Pixie is my daughter. She looks exactly like I did at that age. Nanny, do you agree?

5 comments:

  1. HI Michelle,
    It is nice to meet you- I can see that you have caught the quilt bug. I love your daughters quilt- I have often wanted to make a circle quilt but somehow have not got to it. I have a couple of projects on the go just yet but maybe in the spring I will get one made.
    It is nice to meet quilters who live locally- sometimes one gets to meet in person.
    As for a stash- well I do have a large stash- I love fabric and it is my weakness. Sometimes I am more well behaved when I shop than others. Yesterday was one of them... A friend and I went out and I managed to come home with not too much new fabric.
    Perhaps one day we will meet in person- until then I hope you will come to visit my blog and I certainly will come back again to visit yours.
    Congratulations for jumping into blogging- I know that you are going to meet lots of new quilters from all over the globe.
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anna, I'd like to offer you a trade. I've noticed from your blog that your fabric choices tend to run to - how shall I say it? - less flamboyant than what I would choose. Which is good; to each his own... However, when I started quilting 11 or so years ago, someone gave me the gift of three fat quarters in colours that she loved: They've sat in my stash for over a decade and I still don't like them. I've used small strips off the edges to try and integrate into scrap project, but they're still ugly (in my eyes). By themselves they are not beautiful fabrics - they're a lovely tone of potter's blue. And now for the trade: would you like these in your stash and in return give up a handful or two of your brightest scraps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,
    I would be happy to make you a trade - I do have many different kinds of fabric so let me know what you would like and I will see what I can come up with - I have lots of batiks and some funky ones- let me know what kind of things you might be looking for to add to your collection. If you would like to email me directly that would be fine.
    I am not sure if you are aware that your blog comments are set for noreply so I was not able to email you directly. If you wish to change it -I am told it is easy enough to do. It is a matter of changing your settings.
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle, I finally found the little paper you gave me and made it to your blog. What beautiful projects you are making! I too love your circle quilt. I'm not sure if I'll be successful but, I'm hoping to whip up a little something for my daughter to wear to a Christmas party....this friday! it won't be the most last minute project I've made but, considering how rusty I am who knows? Happy quilting, keep in touch,
    -Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nadia! I was thinking about you just yesterday - wondering which of my children ate your phone number. I'm so glad you found my blog. Do you still have my number? Call anytime and we'll spend some time cozily stitching and chatting. Between Treehouse and an enormous toybox, I'm sure we can keep small people entertained.

    ReplyDelete

Your encouragement means so much! Thank you for commenting.