Tuesday, January 10, 2012

First!

Ever had one of those weeks? For better or worse, I'm still surviving: pink eye, croup, 2am emergency trip, paperwork you wouldn't believe, and a new car. If I say I want to return to the status quo, will the powers that be know where to drop me?

I have been keeping my New Years' resolution very well - it's not hard to get stuff done when you do a little every day. The results are clear: out of 657 necessary green squares, I have finished cutting 659.

Plus, I received a phone call yesterday that had me singing -  shortly thereafter my sewing machine came home from vacation.

I celebrated by spending some money on a very soft unbleached muslin and started slicing. I made one lonely block, the first of many, to end my evening. It makes me happy to see.

Pretty, yes? These blocks will finish at 12".....only 63 more to go for an oversized queen size quilt (or a king). If anyone is interested in using my pattern, I'd be happy to post dimensions (sharing is for the good of humanity). Sashing is also included in the pattern.

But first! To the sweat shop for a few days of rapid chain piecing!

10 comments:

  1. This looks like it will be a pretty quilt. Sometimes you just need one of those projects where you can sew without thinking too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This block will make up into a lovely scrappy green quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. green is one of my favorite colours.....croup is everywhere....this is my second time around with it.....have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got your machine home xx good sewing to you xx
    Hope the invalids are soon better x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start on what will be a lovely quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I have many green scraps. Your quilt is going to be great. I am sure I have some of the same fabric you are using. Glad you got your machine back and can start turning out those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emergency room visits are the worst! Wishing you the end of them soon. Lovely mix of greens.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely greens - and what a great block! Hope all goes well and you can get back to status quo soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those greens, Michelle. Your quilt is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your encouragement means so much! Thank you for commenting.