Saturday, January 21, 2012

Improvments

This darling little sho-fly block came together very nicely considering that nothing was measured. It is also so boring that it would suck the life out of Rambo Bright.

I had to chop it up. Much better, yes?

I also made this one:

And these two:


While I was working on these, something wonderful was happening with my leaders and enders. I've been using little cast-off pieces, and trimmings....just sewing them together into long chains. This is what I ended up with after two days.

They are pretty long and very random. They have inspired me.

So I pulled this chocolatey coloured batik from stash....

I have the best idea! I'm crossing my fingers that it looks as good translated to fabric as it does in my head.

4 comments:

  1. It's all looking so fantastic Michelle....so wish you were on Flickr, it would bring so much more traffic to your fabulous blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing this morning. How do I do that?

      Delete
    2. First things first...get a Flickr account. Just google Flickr, I think it's free but you can upgrade for very little cost if you want to upload more pictures. Start with that and I can walk you through the rest.

      I started with Flickr and then blogging a couple of months later.

      Delete
  2. I love the randomness of your blocks and being a fan of brights this just brought a *SMILE* to my face. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete

Your encouragement means so much! Thank you for commenting.