Saturday, February 11, 2012

Calming Blue

This has been a very trying week for me. My stress level is at an all time high.

I've heard it said that women instinctively seek out water sources when they need to relax and calm down. This can mean a trip to the seashore or even just a bubble bath.

Having another adult in the home to help me has been a lifesaver.

Sewing and designing also helps to sooth my soul. I've decided that this month I will design a gown for my indispensable mother. She wants red. She's never felt the power that a red dress brings.

I've also heard that green is a calming influence. Today the green scraps shuffle their way under my presser foot. Tomorrow I may break out some sashing.

Sounds like a wild and crazy time, eh? Someone remind me to breathe.

2 comments:

  1. DEEP BREATH....IN...now slowley let it out ... ah! calmness
    NOW ...repeat the process xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need to find the things that help to soothe our frayed nerves and bring balm to our soul. You will find your way away from the things that are causing you stress - in the meantime, play when you can and keep enjoying creating with all your fun fabrics.
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Your encouragement means so much! Thank you for commenting.