Saturday, February 25, 2012

Flimsy? Mais Oui!

Yesterday I sewed as fast as I could. I wanted to be able to link up this flimsy finish with some Friday linky parties.

It was not to be. With two borders yet to be added, we headed out to the grocery store to stock up for the weekend. There was a snowstorm predicted, but we beat it. Today there are many new centimeters of snow in my yard, but we have no reason to leave our cozy spot and go into the storm.

It sure makes me happy to lay out a finished flimsy on my bed and take photos. It is 84"x 68". My next step is finding a sheet for backing, locating the perfect quilting thread (<3 King Tut), and piecing some frankenbatting.

Someone must have a good idea for how to quilt this "House of Love" and what binding to use. Suggestions, please!

2 comments:

  1. glad you beat the snow....and now you can stay in and work on your fantastic looking quilt xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy snow we had today. I had to go to West Edmonton and teach, got to wear the new scarf. Your quilt is great. I love blue.

    ReplyDelete

Your encouragement means so much! Thank you for commenting.