Thursday, February 9, 2012

Who Paints a House Purple?

The violet/purple log cabins for the House Of Love quilt were completed yesterday. I had to wait until 9:30 this morning before my sunbeam was in the correct location for my camera to capture their true colours.

I did not do a lot of productive work yesterday, but I did do a lot of good: My mom and I donated blood. It was my tenth donation.

Today and tomorrow there is no school for the Punk and we've been racking our brains trying to figure out how to keep my two balls of energy busy and out of trouble. It might be a good day to go to the indoor playground at the mall. I can shop while they play: win-win. That same mall also has a fabric store and a library. Is that not the most perfect place?

I love this last block. I made a plan so that the colours around the star did not touch themselves, but my brain couldn't remember when it came time to put the pieces together. I like it anyways. I don't think the recipients will even notice.

Four green and four blue log cabins are all the blocks that remain. I bought a Kona charcoal (?) for sashing and borders. If I could find the blog that inspired this design, I would share. I'm still looking. But whoever she is, I thank her for the initial idea.

1 comment:

Your encouragement means so much! Thank you for commenting.